CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Welcome to Seattle!

For my 30th birthday my gift was a trip to Seattle to go whale watching. I was so excited, this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. We decided to go a day earlier so we could get in some sight seeing other than whales. When we arrived they were having flash flooding problems...welcome to Seattle! The next few days were hit and miss with rain.
We had such a great time looking out over Seattle from the Space Needle and walking through Pikes place market...although the fish smell was a bit ovewhelming! Next we decided to take a tour of Qwest Field, where the Seattle Seahawks play. There were only 6 people in our tour so we were able to go places they don't normally take you. Best of all they let us run all over the field. Corey has a cousin that lives near Seattle so Friday night we met up with his family and went to dinner. Saturday was our whale watching trip. The day started off rainy but by the time the boat took off it had cleared. We spent the entire day on the boat. We had excitement right off by saving a diver that had gone missing. However, much to everyone's dismay we didn't see one whale! I was so disappointed but they did give us a free voucher to come back again. Sunday before we flew out we took a tour of Safco field, where the Mariner's baseball team plays. Thank you so much for the fabulous birthday gift, I had such a wonderful time even though we didn't see any whales! I guess we will just have to plan another trip since we have a free voucher!

11 comments:

{Brittany} said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip! I'm sorry that you didn't get to see any whales. What a bummer? Now you'll have an excuse to go back soon and use your voucher!

Tay and Teigan said...

So fun! What a great way to celebrate your birthday. Guess Corey will have to take you back! Can we come with you next time?

Heidi Hamilton said...

How fun! I'm glad you had a great time - what a great birthday present!

Jill Bowcutt said...

How fun! I'm jealous even though you didn't see any whales. It would be nice to get out every now and then :)

Lesha and Ben said...

Cool blog. If you guys want to see some whales, come to my ward

Heidi said...

That sounds so fun. Glad you had fun. It reminds me that I want to go on vacation!

Holly Beaird said...

I can't believe you didn't see any whales! You will definitely have to come back. Not just to see the whales, but because rain is sooo much fun! It was great seeing you guys.

Us Craven's said...

Cute! I miss living in Seattle because of all the things to do! I hope that you had a fun-it looks like it! You are a darling family! I hope we get to see you for Christmas!!! We love ya!

Brandt & Kriste said...

How fun! What a great gift. Looks like you will be planning another trip soon! I'm sure you can't complain.

Amber Burt said...

That sounds like so much fun, that is somewhere that I would love to go! Happy belated Birthday-how did we get to be so old?

Alisha Shaw said...

What a fun trip! I'm sorry about the shy wales. ;)