CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Swimming!

We put Talyn in swimming lessons when he was 18 months old with his friend Kyan. These were just at a recreation center and basically just got hime used to the pool. A couple months later (20 months)we entered Talyn in more intense swimming lessons. He has 15 minute private lessons 2-3 times a week. I can not believe the improvement in his swimming. It is a fairly expensive program but I feel completely worth the money. We are around water all the time with the boat & I want him to be able to have some life saving skills. If you haven't seen baby survival swimming video, please check it out. The link is under my Favorite Websites. Talyn is in a very similar program. Some people say it is to young to have them in lessons...I feel the sooner they learn the better!
Floating on Back
Learning to scoop
Swimming to edge by himself
Kicks

2 comments:

Brandt & Kriste said...

Wow! I am impressed! I agree the sooner they learn the better. It looks like he is doing great!

Rachel said...

where did you take him?? I love this idea, but had a hard time finding a plce that would teach JJ so young.

Also, SUper Why is on in the mornings, I don't know because I just set the DVR (the ONLY way to do kids shows, once it is over, then it is over and you can just turn the tv off!!). It is on twice I day I think and I just tivo them all so we always have one handy. Good luck and it was fun to see you guys at alumni.